Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Chicken Curry




Good morning!

Well I’m glad thanksgiving went well! As for us out here.... we saw an Asian couple (it was our only appointment for thanksgiving) and we didn't get turkey or anything else! Ha-ha instead we had chicken curry (not too spicy) with rice and croissants and a slice of cheesecake for dessert! What a wonderful dinner! Of course we were bummed of not having turkey but that’s life. Don’t send us anything though! Our members will take care of us and we'll get some. I love this ward!

Happy belated birthday! I thought about it during the week to be honest, just forgot to say something last week. I’m glad everything went well for that and Christmas decorating! Ha-ha and that's good you didn't go out on black Friday. It really isn't that different from shopping online or like you said saving $5 on something you don't need.

Wow.... so many marriages!!! well Emily knows she can’t get married before I get home but I told her she can the day after I get back if she decides.... ha-ha it is very soon though.

With the pictures.... I’ll look at it. It could be because I have the highest megapixel setting on plus needing to zoom in to get a closer shot. I got all the books, poster, and ensign/pictures/funeral program! Thank you so much for those! I love them and I’ll be sending something home today, just a letter. It has tithing in it and is addressed to mason....

I just got that letter too about being called to dl... cool to know you got one too. It will help me grow tons and learn a better way of teaching and involving others. I grateful for the calling. We had the opportunity to give more blessings this week to a family who is sick/injured. They’re members and the husband messed up his knee in the "turkey bowl" he played in and his wife is sick and one of their sons too. We went over and gave them brownies then he asked us to give the 3 of them blessings. His wife is native Spanish so he told me to give her the blessing then told his son to choose one of us to give him the blessing. It was cool to know they trust us with that sacred responsibility! It was a good time and they were joyful when we left.

We played as missionaries a few good games of football on Thursday too! It was fun because it rained the day before and had been raining for a few days so the field was muddy and we had a puddle of water we played around too. We all got mud on us at some point.

As far as Christmas and calling home goes it'll probably be in the afternoon sometime. I’m not sure what time we’ll start and end church that Sunday b/c it's not a normal service so as it gets closer I’ll let you know.

So something I thought of that could be a gift for me (or anyone really) is a mosaic like puzzle thing called "NAEF".... I think that’s the correct spelling. It’s a Swedish board thing (not really a game) that has many multicolored cubes. It’s more a brain relaxer or whatever that you can mix the cubes and colors and make whatever designs/patterns you'd like. I know you can find it on the internet but I’m not sure where. I’ve only seen it once and I loved it. It’d been really fun for the kids or anyone who wants to be creative without the mess of crayons or markers etc. and you don’t need paper! (It sounds like I’m trying to sell you something...).

Anyway I love you all! Thank you for everything! I know the church is true and I know it is the way to peace and love and happiness in this life. Have a great week! Thank you for all you do.

Love elder Craig Roberts

Oh and by the way, I’ve forgotten to tell you this all this time but yesterday we had a baptism! Her name is summer sky and is 14 years old. Her grandmother is the only member in her family. It was a really good time. I’ll send a picture. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment