Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving










Good morning!!! Happy thanksgiving!!!

I’m sorry you've still been feeling sick. You’re always in my prayers. we've been invited this week to have thanksgiving with a new couple who just moved into the ward.... the husband is from Taiwan or Hong Kong somewhere Chinese speaking and his wife is from Korea..... It’ll be a blast!!! A new experience always!

Thank you!!!! sooo much for sending the books etc. they should all get here before Friday (I hope) and mail etc. will be picked up on Friday. I’ll let you know on Monday when I get everything. Thanks for the update with the elders in Texas. And with Emily..... Give her a really hard time for me please!!! Ha I’m not there to do personally and I’d do it every day.... and with Stacie... I hope all goes well for that which is going on.

So dl is coming along. My first dl meeting and my zone leaders were there (of course - they want to make sure I understand everything I’m supposed to do) then my 2nd meeting last week president Jepson shows up.... I think he went because the Sunday before we had ward conference so the stake president was in ward council when we showed up and the stake pres. sent a text to pres. Jepson saying how excellent of elders we are/were.... it was pretty funny and cool. Every Sunday night I collect the weekly #s from the companionships in my district and send them into the zone leaders then I call each companion ship Sunday night for "accountability" and talk about their week etc. Tuesdays are district meetings and I have to go on an exchange with every elder in the companionships in my dist. Thursday nights I send in baptismal info from the dist. and that’s about it, I think..... Its pretty fun and I enjoy having the calling.

So a few stories..... the one I’ve been wanting to share just haven't had the time is a few weeks ago (we were still in a trio) we had a call from sisters in another area saying there was a non-member family in a hospital in our area whose son was having brain surgery. This non-mem family has relatives in Mexico who are members and suggested a blessing be given. So calls were made etc. and we got the call to go in and give the blessing. The son had a brain tumor that cannot be removed because of its placing in/on the brain and all the doctors can do is drain whatever fluid is in the tumor. So b/c 2 of us spoke Spanish my comp said he'd anoint and I’d give the blessing without asking me if I was ok with it. Either way he anointed and I blessed..... We went back a day or 2 after the surgery took place and the family said the doctors were amazed at the recovery the son was making. I guess a few hours after the surgery he was saying he's hungry and wanted to eat and play etc. we all knew then and know now that the priesthood is real, that through the faith of those involved miracles can and do and will happen. This gospel is true and nothing will ever change that, ever!!

I don't have time to share another one but I’m going to send some pictures. I love you all. Thank you for everything you have and always do for me. It is because of you all I’m able to continue strong and faithful with everything the gospel has to offer. It’s because of you all I’m able to overcome challenges and trials in life and learn from them. Without you I’d be nowhere in life and I wouldn't know what I know now. You are the very best family I could ever ask for!!!!! I wouldn't change anything that has happened because that is what has made us bond together and learn to love and trust each other in all things. I know Christ lives! Heavenly Father is mindful of your situations in life and wants you to be faithful and turn to Him in all things. You’ll be able to withstand all that comes your way! I love you all. Have a great week!

p.s. enjoy your black Friday shopping!!

Love Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment