Tuesday, November 15, 2011

120 days and counting

Good morning familia mia!!!

Ha-ha sigh. les amo a todos muchisimo! gracias por todo lo que hacen para mi! So ya only 4 months.... I’m not sure how to feel or what to think or say or what my feelings will become the day of or the week of etc..... it's always a good reminder and well, I can't really avoid the questions from members "how long have you been out?" or "how long do you have left?" etc. and it is so true when everyone says that the time fly’s b/c I don't feel like it's been 2 years (well casi 2 years). I’m keeping the work on my mind and trying to do the best I can as I learn to work with my comp. more about that later. So I didn't hear about the missionaries that were killed.... Were names released??? Thanks for letting me know.

I’m sorry to hear that everyone is/was sick.... you are in my prayers and I hope everyone gets over it quickly. And I’m glad work is going well... should I stop praying for it to continue to have business so you can rest??? Ha-ha I know you'll get over it quick. And isn't Emily working there too? Is she able to help out?

I’m happy the kids are doing well. I miss them and everyone else sooo much!! Every time I look at their pictures I love and miss them more.... it doesn't help only having 4 months left either. And I guess it's a good thing Emily is dating so much?? I mean maybe she'll be married before I go home as well as Stacie and I’ll have missed around 7 weddings total from family to friends........... Thanks for sending the poster to me. I’m not sure what I’ll do with it yet. The prints will probably be easiest and cheaper so those will be perfect! Thank you for doing that for me! I’m not really in need of anything else.... I wanted to say though that with Christmas coming up I ask that no one buys me anything unless it will be for schooling for after I go home..... That means you won't need to send anything to me b/c it'll be extra weight on the plane going home and I won't be able to use any of it while I’m still out here so it'd be better to keep it home. And it's the same for my birthday.... just a heads up! Thank you for everything you have done and continue to do for me. I love and appreciate you for that greatly.

So as far as my district etc... There is a set of sisters and 2 sets of elders so 8 altogether (including my comp and I). It’s a great feeling and I’m glad I have this opportunity to grow and learn from the others as I am able to serve with them and as I learn how to better help them learn and grow. And what's cool is one of the elders is training so I have more responsibility in making sure they are doing well and progressing smoothly. As far as my comp goes I was around him for 2 transfers then 1 transfer off. He then came in as my comp last transfer and now I’m able to serve with him one on one. those first 2 transfers though I’m not sure he liked me that much and now that we are together I’m not sure what his thoughts/feelings are but I pray for him and unity etc. and that we will learn to work together and have success and find common ground through the joy of serving the Lord. He’s a great elder and I love working with him. I’m grateful for the things I’ll learn with him.

So my times up. I forgot my camera to send pictures. I promise next week I will! And stories I’ll share next week too. I love you all and miss you greatly. I know the church is true and that really if you want to be happy, you need to keep the commandments. You’ll feel miserable and need to comfort from sinning to "feel" you are "happy"..... Don’t let that happen! I promise you all that the Lord doesn't want you to sin to be "happy". He wants you to be righteous and even though at times it is hard you feel so much better for keeping the commandments than by not keeping them. I love you all and pray for you always. Thank you for everything you do and I wish you all the best week! Stay safe!

Love elder Craig Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment