Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Its December

Good afternoon!

Well Christmas is approaching.... and shortly thereafter I go home. I’m excited.

Anyway it sounds like the weather in AZ is switching with NJ weather..... I’m still wearing short sleeve shirts and it's December. Last year this time I think I was in long sleeve shirts with a jacket/coat or 2 on my back..... right now it's in the 50s and sunny although this morning we woke up to lots of fog (it wasn't cold then either....) it's making me wonder if we're going to have a really bad winter or a really late winter.... we'll find out as time goes on. Glad to hear the ward Christmas party went well. I can scarcely remember it.... Scott and I were writing letters back and forth but he hasn't responded to my last letter which was months ago so I’m glad he's doing well and staying busy.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANNER AND GEMMA!!!! I can't believe it's already your birthdays!!! Have a good time with everyone!

So with calling home. We have transfers the 20th of December..... It’s a 50/50 chance I’m being transferred. I’ll probably end up calling home the Saturday night to clarify everything and as always figure out what time is where b/c I can't remember with the change every year. And it'll depend on my companion and when he'll be calling home so it'll be fun.

So with those naef puzzles.... they're from Switzerland..... If they're that expensive don't buy one or any of them. It’s too much for something we could make ourselves.

I bought some wrapping paper to wrap the books as Christmas gifts for the members.... it'll be fun even I get transferred. The members will just have to rip off the paper the last time I visit them.

This week has been fun. we confirmed summer sky (last week she was baptized) and had our ward mission leader's family come to church (they're not members) as well as summer sky's older sister and a sister in the ward brought a 17 yr. old girl to church too...... the youth group is growing like crazy and several new members have moved into the ward and lots of new babies on the way (or already born) so things are starting to progress more and more. Last night we also watched the 1st presidency Christmas devotional at our bishop’s house. It was really cool. And actually probably my first time ever watching it. We enjoyed all of it. We done some more yard work with a member and will finish it up this Saturday. It’s lots of fun and I miss doing work like that.

I know I’m here for a reason. I think I’ve finally figured out and UNDERSTOOD those reasons and I’m more and more grateful every day for Heavenly Father's love and mercy for us as we strive to become like His Son, Jesus Christ. I’m grateful for the Atonement and for the power of Priesthood. I know it's real. It’s as simple as that. No better way to express it. I love you all and I’m grateful for your love, prayers, and support. Please keep it coming as we pray and fast to hit a goal of 400 baptisms for the year! We know it's possible because "miracles have not ceased" and the Lord has many of His children ready and prepared to make those sacred covenants. I love you and thank you for everything! Have a great week! Stay warm (or cool) and stay out of trouble! Thanks for everything.

Love Elder Craig Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment