Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas

Good afternoon!

Of course I still get to email! Libraries were closed yesterday being the day after Christmas. It was great to speak to everyone and see how everything is going. I’m glad all of Christmas went well.

Again thank you for the snacks and goodies. The pretzel chips are AMAZING! I really like them (you do not need to send more though - we have enough snacks now to last me the rest of my mission!!!). Lots of candy and sweets..... I’ll be on a sugar high for a week! Ha-ha actually I won't eat it all that soon. It’ll be here and there as winter goes on without snow!!! It’s raining today and the temps will probably drop more and more so we'll see when the snow comes.... it's truly amazing that there is no snow right now.

As far as pictures go I’ll have to send them next week. I left the cord to connect my camera to the computer at home and we unexpectedly drove the elders in my district to a library close to them.

I feel my testimony has grown tons these past few weeks. I’ve come to know more strongly that He loves us always and that He is always listening to our prayers. It is in His time He answers us and blesses us. Sometimes we go through trials and sorrow that we feel incapable of overcoming. I have a quote that says "sometimes He calms the storm for us and sometimes He calms us while we are in the storm". I don't remember who said that but it is true! We will be given the strength we need to do what the Lord wants us to do. Sometimes as we face the challenges we are calmed so we learn trust and patience in Him in all things. It is also the way He allows us to feel His love for us. I know the church is true! I know "there is no other way under heaven or name given whereby we may be saved"! It is only through the eternal and everlasting great and wondrous love of Jesus Christ and His Atonement, our Father in heaven and the leaders of the church who are inspired for our welfare and benefit. They have that privilege of being able to receive revelation for each and every one of us as to matters of the church and even in personal life where they can help us have peace and hope and comfort and love in all things. I know it's true. I know it is.

So I’ll send pictures next week. I love you all and keep you in my prayers. Never lose hope or faith. Wake up every morning knowing that you will be blessed, even if it is the smallest, slightest thing in whatever way it comes, you will be blessed. Have a great week! Thank you for everything. I’m looking forward to seeing you all again soon. Until then I’ll stay focused and work my hardest. Thank you for everything!

Love Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment