Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year


Elder Roberts With Alex Boye who performed at their mission Christmas party




Sister Jeppson had the building all decorated for the party with treats for each sister and elder



The mission President's wife made little Christmas stockings for each missionary with a dental hygiene kit inside



Happy New Year!!! Libraries were closed yesterday...

Well it sounds like all went very well for Christmas and New Year’s! Thank you for your love and support in all things.

Ha-ha sounds like the snow was fun! We still have no snow here however the temps have dropped a ton and the wind chill has increased a ton! So it feels like winter now and we are awaiting the snow which should come this week! I’m not too excited for it but it'll be fun to work in one last time before I go home and even in march we still had snow in 2011. We’ll see what happens!

I’m surprised the snow brought down from the mountains stayed frozen enough to allow snow ball fights! That would've been fun to do.

9 am church!!! I’ve had 10 am church the past {almost} 2 years of my life.... it'll be fun. And I forgot about the desert.....

For us we spent sat evening with our ward mission leader and his family. It was fun because his wife and kids have moved to Utah while he tries to sell their house and settle some other things so this was the first time I’ve met them since being in the area. It was fun to get to know them. they gave us sparkling cider and we were in bed about 1030pm. supposedly there were fireworks around 12 midnight but we slept through them.... so not too exciting but it was a good night.

So with the senior couple I don't think I’ve met them yet but I know their name. That’s cool that they have a blog where they post events and activities from the mission.

As for life here I’m on my 3rd transfer with the same companion.... it's been fun serving with him in this area. Transfers are on the 29th of Jan.... at least that's when we find out who goes where etc. the 31st is when we have the actual transfer conference.

Nothing too crazy has happened. The wind is going to freeze me again for the next couple of days/weeks and the snow will keep it nice and chilly!

I know the church is true! Have a great week! Stay warm and out of trouble! Thank you for everything!

Love elder Craig Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment