Monday, January 23, 2012

Its snowing





Good morning!

hahaha yes time is flying. This is my last full week before my last 6 weeks which may turn into 3...... There’s a lot going on, I think, in February so time will fly even quicker.

Yay!!! So is there anything specific they'd like me to speak on or is it just what I feel inspired to say?? I’m excited! Thank you for figuring that out for me.

I’m glad everyone is doing well! I’m glad the kids and Julie were able to enjoy the parade etc. And I’m glad all went well at my moms.

Thank you for sending the package! I’ve not yet received it so I’ll keep a look out for it. My comp is currently sick so we'll see how he feels by the weekend. He has the flu so hopefully it goes away soon with the cold weather we have..... IT FINALLY SNOWED!!!!!! Friday night into Saturday afternoon it snowed. The plows were out and in force as well as lots and lots of salt on the roads. Some members took us to a burger place called 5 guys for lunch. It’s sooo goood!!!! I don’t think there's one in AZ, let alone the west..... It’s a little pricy but it is worth the money.

Yes transfers are on the 31st so we find out the 29th in the evening what happens. At this point it is 50/50 I leave or stay. Anything will happen right now and again, thank you for the reminder that it is the Lord's work and will. I’m submissive to Him and where He puts me for whatever reason. I’ll never have negative feelings or thoughts, I might question then get over it etc. I know He's in charge and I’ll do whatever He asks me to do.

As far as getting out Saturday was due to weather but all the other days were due to lack of unity in the companionship. my comp. has an interesting background which I’ll share at a different time if I feel it's ok to do so but he's trying to become better and be more obedient etc. we've sat down and talked about feelings etc. because we've both heard things about each other from other missionaries. more or less my comp is trying to figure out what changes he needs to make by studying etc. so his thoughts have been to stay home and study unless we have set appointments and if a set appointment falls through go home again etc. I’m not the kind of person to force anything on anyone and I don't like contention (sometimes it may be necessary and I’m ok with that) but I figure I’ll let him learn in his own way b/c if I force it upon him he'll backfire and things go crazy..... Apart from that I love my comp. he's great and has desires a lot of missionaries don't have. As much as a struggle as it has been for me, the Lord knows I can handle it probably better than some of the other missionaries here and that's why I’ve been with him so long. Now he's making changes, little by little, but he is progressing. I think now we'll be changed and I’ll have a chance to work as hard as I can for my last 6 weeks and really apply what I’ve learned as much as I can to the work. I’m grateful for the time I’ve had to serve with my comp and if we stay together my last 6 weeks well it's the Lord's will and we'll figure it out.

I know the church is true. The Atonement is real! Read the scriptures, pray and fast! I know those are the basic primary answers but its true. It is the only way one will know if these things are true or not. I recently finished the Book of Mormon and I’m more than half way through the Doctrine and Covenants! They bring knowledge and happiness, peace and joy to your hearts and minds as you read and study! You will read things that you haven't read before (or at least caught your attention) and you'll have an interest to study more about it. It’ll make your scripture study more fun and excitable because you know you will learn something new that day! And even better, you will receive in greater strength the Holy Ghost who is your comforter in all things. Live and remain worthy of Him! He will guide you in all things if you listen and heed His promptings.

As far as Satan and challenges, I feel missionaries are challenged and tried more than normal members..... I know it has not been easy for me to keep Satan away because I feel like he is always right behind me waiting to pounce. It just takes one little slip up and he's got you, hogtied and immovable. If you can endure it well, with faith and prayer, Satan will not be able to keep you in his power. "I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say...." I stay positive in all things and keep my head as high as I can.

I love you all. Thank you for everything! I hope you have a great week! Stay warm and safe and keep out of trouble! Next week we'll know what happens, where I’ll end my mission.....

Love elder Craig Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment