Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2 months and counting

Good afternoon!

Yes it does seem like it was just yesterday we wrote to each other.... YAY!!!!! I’ll be home for a wedding!! YAY!!!! And joey won't be married until November?!?! That’s a very long engagement..... Interesting. Thank you for those updates. I’m glad to hear them!

I’m glad the banquet went well. That’s cool he was given an award and was honored for his participation and work. That always feels like a great accomplishment knowing others are affected in a positive way for your hard work and consistency.

CONGRATULATIONS MASON!!!! Bud that is soooo exciting! Congrats and good job! I’m proud of you! That should be fun being able to continue with tanner making the pinewood derby cars. I remember doing it and I had a blast! I don't have any of my cars I made anymore but it was fun while I had the chance.

So we have transfers on the 31st. we find out what happens on the 29th. Hopefully some changes will occur and it is a necessity not just in my companionship but in my zone. this past week was the worst week my zone has ever had for at least 6 months so even though that is negative I know some things will change and things will improve. it is a 50/50 chance I will be staying or transferred because it will be my last 6 weeks and my comp's been here for 3 transfers so we're both eligible to be transferred. We shall see what happens.

So it is colder now. I’m wearing sweats under my slacks however I still wear at times a short sleeve shirt but I always have on a sweater and a lighter jacket over that then a scarf and I cover up my ears and at times I wear gloves (depends on how cold). We still have had no snow. Last night was the first thought of a good snow storm and I woke up this morning and looked outside and there was no snow! It makes me happy but I also wanted snow to come. We had a light dusting and snow plows were ready for whatever came (salt loaded in the back of the plows ready to salt the streets as they cleaned away the snow) but I don't think anything happened. So for now it's rainy and cold and that's about it, maybe windy here and there (I haven't been outside enough to know yet). Nothing too exciting has happened lately. I’ve been inside demasiado so nothing is really getting done. I’m going crazy about it!!! So anyway enough "maldad" from me. Grandma Roberts sent me a card too and said she wasn't sure if she sent a card to you that was for me or what and she said she was trying to get in touch with you so I hope that all works out. Did you receive the tithing I sent you a few weeks ago? I want to make sure it got to you.....

And as far as my birthday goes, I don't need anything. I still have plenty of snacks to munch on for the rest of my mission. I’m trying to downsize as much as I can knowing my time is near its end. I wanted to ask, how much of the clothing I have should I bring home with me (like white shirts and slacks and suits and just "normal" people clothing etc.?)..... I just want an idea or 2. If you do send something please send it to my apartment: 5 pangborn Pl #4H Hackensack, NJ 07601. Please send it so it'll arrive before Jan 27 or earlier. Thank you!!!

Thank you all for your love and support and your examples and influences in and on my life. I would not be serving the Lord if it were not for you. Like the rest of you, I know the gospel is true and that the Savior lives! He is our advocate with the Father and it is through Him we receive peace and joy in this life and in the life to come! God is our Father who loves you and me sooo much He allowed one to die for us. How great a love He has for us!! Always trust in Him and He will (shall) direct thy paths! I love you all. Thank you for your prayers. I always pray for you, always!! I hope you have a great week! Thank you for everything!

Love elder Craig Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment