Thursday, October 6, 2011

sorry its a little late

Good morning and happy October!

(Only joking) please don't remind me of how much time i lack before going home..... Ha-ha. I know Christmas is close.... that means time for me to be out here goes shortly after. It will be a sad thing yet joyful as we are able to see one another once again.

I loved General Conference this past weekend and the spiritual feast it truly was. I loved elder Holland’s discourse (some English words no longer sound correct to me so i use the English translation from Spanish) during priesthood session. It was amazing! And of course President Monson's humorous attitude Saturday. We went to the chapel and watched all 5 sessions there. Jean went to both sessions on Saturday and the 2nd session on Sunday. I couldn't get my 2 companions to stick with me in trying to get her to go to the Sunday morning session and miss her church..... I was saddened too because everything that was said Sunday morning was meant for Jean!!! And she missed it, as i knew was going to happen if she didn't go. On the bright side though, she thoroughly enjoyed and loved everything else she watched and heard. I’m ecstatic that she came for the sessions she did and i know it'll help her know our church is the only true church as she continues to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it and prophets etc. I’m glad the kids were able to listen and keep still as conference was on.

As far as a conf. ensign we do get them but it is one per companionship. I’d like to have my personal when they come out if possible. I enjoy making markings as a kind of journal within the ensign itself. I’ll always remember what i was feeling and thinking that made me mark what i do (and i have a study journal next to the ensign anyway so I’ll write things out in that too). Thank you!!! And yes, it was a spiritual battery recharge.

So i have 2 companions now, a trio!! Elders Peterson and heath are my new companions; I’ve served around both of them before and know them decently. Elder heath is English and elder Peterson speaks Spanish.... I’m not sure what the Lord has in store for us but we'll find out soon enough. Elder Peterson goes home in December and elder heath sometime next year (long after me). They are great elders and we will do well this transfer. I’m going to learn and grow a ton being and serving with them. Elder heath hasn't been around too many Spanish areas.... i think this is his 2nd.

The package wasn't in time for transfers but yes it is here. I’ll pick it up on Wednesday b/c we have zone conference. Thank you for sending it!! And by the way, Tanner - my favorite colors are red, blue, green, and orange. Have fun bud! I love you!

I too know President Monson is the prophet today. The Book of Mormon is true and is what testifies of that. Christ lives and "loves us too." It is through His example that we learn and grow and become the sons and daughters Heavenly Father wants us to become. He will give us the trials so we reach that. He will also give us the blessings as we keep His commandments. In all things He is looking for ways to bless us and as you said Rob, He'll do anything to help us be happy. We will always be indebted to him.

Have a great week! I love you all! Thank you for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment