Monday, September 26, 2011

The church is true!

Good morning!!

So sounds like you had a good/busy week! Would you be able to get a copy of the church news somehow (whether it's the actual newspaper or print it off of the internet) and save a copy? I haven't seen it yet and probably won't until i get home unless my mission pres. and his wife have a copy and show it to us. And yeah the service is absolutely amazing! Yesterday was fast Sunday with gen. conf. on sat and sun this week and the stake pres. was in our sacrament mtg. he talked about the service and if I’m correct said that with 3,000 volunteers over 18,000 hours of service have been given and over 600 homes have been cleaned up/out. And it's still not finished. This past sat and sun we went back out again and helped more people clean everything up. We’ve also been asked to go out again this Wednesday.

And with transfers imp staying in my area and my companion is leaving.... it's going to be a blast because my new companion will only speak English 99.9% guaranteed. I have 4 transfers left starting today and I’m hoping I’ll finish my mission in this area. I love it that much. It’s awesome! Thank you for sending the package!!! If you sent it earlier in the week i should be able to get it tomorrow at transfer conference..... I’ll let you know next Monday. Thank you for sending the iPod and shaver and treats and pictures!!! I know they'll work out great!

Tanner - i love you bud!!! Mason and Gemma i love you too. I miss you all (that includes the family/friends).

So with the weather it's warmed up again here too. The 70s with humidity. I know it’s not as bad as AZ heat but it is warm for this side of the country. I’ll remember to pray for cooler weather for the wedding!

Progress of investigators.... well our best investigator, jean, has committed to come and watch all 4 sessions of Gen. Conf. this Saturday and Sunday!!! We’ve been struggling to get her to come to our church so to get her to commit to watch Gen. Conf. was a HUGE blessing!! We’re super super excited for her and the experiences she will have. We’ve found a couple who are in a very very "tight" position in life. The husband is an in-active member and his wife is not a member. all we can do with them right now is help them clean up their lives through the gospel and once that is done, if things can be changed, they will progress more and more and she'll be baptized. They have super super crazy stories which I’ll share probably when i get home. It’s a "crazy" situation. and we had the blessing and privilege to give a blessing to a 13 year old girl whose father is not a member and 2 of her siblings are in-active. Her mom and sister however are very very active and super strong/faithful in the church so we visit them every week. It’s always a good experience visiting with them.

I love serving a mission. I love the members and it honestly feels like they are my family away from family. Whenever I’m in the church i feel like I’m at home and safe and nothing can get to us. That’s all i can really think of at this point. Other than Saturday and Sunday the rest of the week seems like a blur to me. It’s crazy!

Anyway mormon.org is awesome!! It really is a great finding source and it truly interests non-members and with all of the service we've been giving more and more people are noticing the church and all it does. Take the opportunity to share the pass a long cards with everyone. All you're doing is inviting them to visit a website but if you think about it you're doing so much more than that. You are offering them the opportunity to find the truth and their salvation!! You are being a missionary yourself as you invite people to visit the site! And you will be blessed for doing so. You will have no greater happiness in life either than that of seeing someone go from confusion to great joy and happiness in their everyday life. It is one of the greatest feelings ever!!!

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. Everyday i give thanks to have grown up with it in my life and to know what i know and to be able to share that with everyone. I’m grateful for the Atonement which allows us to repent and also extends life to immortality and allows the family to be together forever! And you all know how much i love you. Obviously i can't really show it right now but i tell you every Monday. I truly do love you all. It is because of your examples and choices in life that have helped me gain a stronger witness and testimony of the gospel and helped me get out here to share my conviction with those who need and are looking for it.

General conference this Saturday and Sunday! Watch it all and reread the articles when they come out in November! I’ve made that my goal for the rest of my mission and the rest of my life. Going back over the articles brings so much joy and happiness to life and reminds us of what the Lord expects of us in this life. Have a great week and enjoy conference! I’ve never been more excited for something than conference this weekend! I love you all. Thank you for everything! Stay safe!

Love Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment