Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Craig did not send home pictures of his new area yet, these are just some photos I found online of the city where he is now living. It looks like a beautiful area.












Good morning!!

Well news from New York. It’s mountainous and green and trees surrounding you where ever you go. There are many Jewish brothers and sisters who I wish were friendly too! Oh how the gospel is a perfect plan for all of you! I’ve been transferred to Rockland county New York! My area is called new city but it is mainly a Jewish town. And they are serious with their beliefs! We live in a city called Haverstraw. And yes there are mountains (at least that’s how they look) and tons of trees (forest like) and we are close to the Hudson yet we will not have as much wind however we have a car! I am so super excited to be in this area its crazy!!!

Anyways I’m glad all is well at home. And super happy the ranch did not burn. I’m glad graduation went well and the partying was fun. Brain and Hannah together again? Who knows what will happen there.... and Emily is off to (or already in) Germany. That will be amazing for her. It sounds like all is going well. The kids will love boredom busters and well I lack only months until I’m home and I think I’m the next one after Daniel right? It is so crazy! I was hit though one morning as we were reading in preach my gospel that I don’t want to go home so soon. It is inevitable yet I don't want to go so soon.

I am the oldest elder in our apartment now and its weird thinking about it. My companion is elder Harrington from Utah. He’s been out almost a year. And the other 2 elders have been on their mission less than a year so it's a young apartment. It’s super fun though and my area is all Dominicans! Well the most part. I am in a spanglish ward where we have to translate every sacrament meeting from English to Spanish (and if necessary, Spanish to English). The ward has about 60-80 members and I guess there was around 300 at one point.... they all moved away? I’m not sure what the ward was like long ago but right now we are working with a good amount of people and we have a baptism coming up in a week or 2. Also a senior couple is serving in our area and they are awesome! They do so much for us.

That’s all I can really think of for now. oh and this month is going to be filled with lots of changes and meetings with president and sister bahr going home and president and sister Jepson coming in. it will be an exciting yet sad month.

My times up. I love you all and thank you for your love and support in everything!! Have a great first week of summer! And stay safe and cool. Time flies by and well we already know that. I love you all. Have a great week!!

Love Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment