Monday, June 13, 2011

Thanks for making it short - I’ve got a cool experience to share. But before that, I’m glad everyone is doing well. The pools are finally opened in AZ now huh?? That’s exciting!!! I think about it as i write and i love just being engulfed by water. It’s amazing!! So I’ll enjoy that when i get home not that that is any time soon.....

The pioneer trek was last week!! I miss that so much! It was such a great experience the 3 days we were gone. I loved every minute of it! That’s good the youth got up and spoke. i remember i was one who spoke after the trek and i remember having my talk all written out and standing at the pulpit ready to read of the paper and i folded it right back up and shoved it in my pocket and spoke from my heart. What i said i have no idea? Was it inspired? I don’t know! i just remember feeling like i wasn’t me and at that time is when i knew i could speak in church without being nervous or even really writing anything out. As a missionary I’ve learned that even more too. I know that as we speak truth and of the gospel with others the Holy Ghost truly does "give us in the very moment that which shall be meted unto every man"

So i figured the weather was already in the 100s but i was wrong. It seems like Mother Nature has decided to throw a spin on things because here too it has been fairly cool, 60s and low 70s the past few days with clouds and rain almost every day. And that is the story I’m going to share is when the rain came.

So Thursday is our walking day because we do have a car. We had just finished an exchange with the zone leaders earlier that morning. Every day from 5-7 we have been asked to dedicate to finding new investigators. So my comp and i walk out and go to a street above where we live. We start talking to the people that are out and about and we realized we are going to have some fun thunder storms and drenching rain. We continued on excited for the rain and thunder and lightning that was minutes away. The dark clouds rolled in and we knocked a door where a girl answered (she’s 27). She said she was visiting from AZ (gilbert) and we talked about the gospel. As we talked the rain came. In a matter of seconds it was pouring, hard. We run to the next house and jump in puddles and are soaked head to toe in 10-12 seconds. We thought "wow. This is a blast!" we laughed and smiled and as we ran to the next house again being soaked we knocked a door upstairs. A family was there who let us in and we are now teaching them.

We stayed out and did the Lord's work admit the adversary challenging us. We were blessed. My times up but i know the church is true. God is our Father and He loves all you individually. He watches over you in all things. He will not let you fail.

Thank you for your love and support! Will you please visit rmplanner.com and purchase a rm planner and send it to me? Ask bishop parker about it. They should know what I’m talking about. Crystal told me about it.

Have a great week! Thank you for everything!

Love Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment