Friday, May 27, 2011

Sorry I'm a little late on this post

Good morning!!

Wow. Graduation. It’s too fast. Everyone is growing up and I’m missing it all (physically being there to see it). Ha-ha oh well the work of the Lord must go on!

Speaking of the work continuing transfers are tomorrow, Tuesday. And I’ve been transferred. I have no idea where or with whom since 15 missionaries are leaving and all but maybe 1 or 2 are Spanish. Areas have been combined and zones re-aligned. My companion has been called trainer, district leader and is in charge of 2 areas (our area and 1 other area have been combined). We both are leaving our apartment (meaning we both have to pack bags today). FUN!

I hope the trip to the ranch works out. I’ll be sure to write and let everyone know where I’m going and who I’m with. I have a strong feeling I’ll be with someone younger than i.....

Ha-ha every time brain and Hannah get brought up i laugh. Yes it is sad they broke up yet at least he'll be more anxious to find more girls to date, i think..... 2 weddings missed..... Hopefully brain will be married before i go home too..... It seems to be a hot topic since general conference!

So super hilarious story about Xavier (he was going to be baptized but has to work out some things). He invited us a few weeks ago to a dance thing he taking place at his work. It’s a center for seniors and he helps pick them up in the morning and take them home in the afternoon. So we go to the dance and we find that the owner of the place is a member. He’s been a member all his life but lives in a different area. He took out for Cuban sandwiches..... We had no idea what was going on during this entire time..... Anyways for the last dance the dancers invited the seniors to dance along..... The best one was an older lady with a walker who was in the middle of the dance floor. Sadly i forgot my camera so i have no pictures or video.....

What pres whimpey said is true. I’m seeing it so much right now in my area. members are going crazy and our investigators are "falling off the face of the earth" and the whole may 21st judgment day thing caused lots of mayhem here.....

Next story - may 20, Friday night. The day before the world was supposed to end. People came up to us to ask if the world was really going to end and what we thought was going to happen. People who were driving yelled out of their windows "is Jesus coming tomorrow?" it was just crazy. The best part is while elder gamez and i were walking home the street lights went out. Everything went unusually dark. I said to me "oh a streetlight went out. cool." we continuing walking and we arrive in front of our house..... Half of the town of West New York has no power - a blackout. We go upstairs and into our home - power gone. We laughed and said "wow. judgment day tomorrow and people are so sure of it they're doing anything they want, dangerous or not." we had a 13 year old investigator call to ask if we were still going by the next day then she told us she was scared.... her family’s house lost power too. hahaha oh it was a wonderful day. Then on the 21st my companion "soapboxed" the Restoration in front of our house. It was crazy!!! A few people came up to us and were interested. I’ll send pictures the next i have time.

I love you all. I know the church is true. We have trials to refine us. Only through keeping the commandments can we receive more strength to continue resisting the adversary and keep the spirit with us always! I love you all. Thank you so much for everything. I hope you all have a great week! Thank you for everything. Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay strong in the gospel, always. It is the only way for true happiness and true love to be present in our lives.

Love elder Craig Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment