Monday, August 8, 2011

Good morning!

So the summers over eh? haha well it was fun while it lasted. I don’t think the schools here will start until September... I’ll know soon enough. Julie that will be very nice for you to have the time to yourself now!! And happy anniversary!! That’ll be nice to have an entire day together. I want to let you know I keep you in my prayers (and that’s everyday, about 20-30 times a day if not more) and that I love you. I appreciate everything you have done and do right now and will do for me later. I truly wouldn't have made it anywhere without you. I still remember one night when we were still living in the house on Wilbur I had just about fallen asleep (I think you and rob had just married a few weeks or months or however long it was and maybe you weren't married, I don’t remember, anyway) you came in and kissed me on the cheek and were making sure everything was safe at the home. I want to thank you for showing your love and care for me even as a younger kid not knowing everything I know now. I love you

Mason, tanner, and gemma - I love you! Have a great week getting ready for school! Have fun meeting new kids!!

haha wow Emily and Shelby off on their own (well kind of...) that'll be exciting for them. I didn't know matt and Staci had another son!!!!! When did that happen??? Wow so many kids being born I don’t know what I’m going to do when I go home.... I’m not going to recognize any of them.....

Zone conference was great! ipods have been allowed as well as musical instruments. If you would be able to send the ipod back out it'd be super nice. Transfers are next week and it is possible I’m going to be transferred. If you send it before next week please send it to the mission office in Parsippany. Thank you!! Also I’ve thought a lot about how much I’ve lost not playing the sax. I’ve decided I want to start playing it again so I was super excited when president Jepson allowed musical instruments. But don’t worry I’m not going to ask you to send one out to me. I’ve asked mom to do that.... haha not really. I’ve asked her to only send me a mouth piece and a reed or two so I can get my mouth into shape for when I get home I will be able to pick up my sax and start playing. I miss it so much... I’m really sad I dropped it in 8th grade. It is something I truly regret! Anyway that’s the news or changes from last week.

Nothing crazy has happened to us this past week yet we have had small miracles! We’ve been trying to find and meet less active members, one in particular. We’ve gone by many times every week and never could we catch her at home. So one day we go and knock on her door and a guy we've never met or seen answers the door. We ask his name and if he's ever seen us before. His response "ya I just got back from serving my mission in Florida".... it was a miracle because it's his mother we have been looking for and he just came back from Idaho from school. He’s been trying to figure out why she's inactive and she really doesn’t want to talk about the gospel or anything so even though we haven't actually met the mom we now have a trustworthy connection to help us get in contact with the mom. And the same rm came out with us yesterday to Alexandra, a mother of 2 from the Dominican Republic (the husband is still in the Dominican Republic but should be here soon and a cousin of theirs is lds) who is super super smart and progressing well. we talked about the plan of salvation last night because we were answering her questions and we got to the point of before earth life shouldn't there have been some kind of war between good and bad..... That was Alexandra’s question, well one of them. Crazy huh? It’s the first time I’ve heard that question from an investigator, non-member or member since I’ve been out.... it really surprised me. It was a great lesson and what made it better was when it started to rain and lightning and thunder.

So times up. That’s the news for the week and well I’m so grateful for your love and support, from everyone, and the encouragement. It truly is a "needful thing" as a missionary. I love you all and am grateful for everything you do for me. Have a great week and stay cool!!!

Love elder Craig Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment