Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hurricane Rain















Good afternoon!!!

The hurricane was wonderful!!!! No injuries. I loved the rain and light wind and well, the flooding that occurred! Of course, none of our stuff was damaged because we live on the 4th floor of an apartment building. We were told Saturday afternoon to be at a member’s home around 7pm and we had to stay there until the "all clear" to go home. We spent the night at a members home Saturday and Sunday nights (it was really, really weird) and all day Sunday we were bucketing water out of basements. Our member’s basement flooded. I’ll send pictures of everything!

I live in Hackensack, here’s my address: 5 Pangborn Place apt, 4H

Hackensack, NJ 07601

I forgot to send it last week. Anyway the most damage i think in Hackensack was a power outage for less than 3 and 1/2 hours. There might've been flooding but i wasn’t there for 2 days so I’m not sure what it looked like.

so my area isn’t strong enough to support 2 companionships, 1 eng/ 1 spanish so they mix the ward (english and spanish attend at the same time) and only 1 companionship of "spanglish" it's awesome!! So yes it is a Spanglish comp. because the work will not be done properly without it.

Wow! Super-hot! I’m glad I’m not there!! Ha-ha actually i miss it but i love the weather here right now. It feels AMAZING!!! The fall is coming on and summer is going away. I pray that the weather cools off there too and that the heat will come here for November, December, January and February, at least enough to keep the snow from blocking the roads forever. And I’m glad you're feeling and doing better. I think I’ve finally gotten over the sickness i had. Hopefully i won't get sick again this year. And with the iPod, I’m starting to have the desire to buy a new electric shaver..... Any ideas on which would be a good one to buy? The one i have is super old and starting to not work too well (and yes i clean it). I still haven’t sent my tithing.... I’ve slacked so much on getting it sent. I’ll do it eventually. It’s in the envelope waiting. That’s all i can think have for now.... thank you so much!!!

So i am safe and sound. I’m not hurt/injured and the work will continue as normal as if the hurricane never hit. Most of our investigators are doing well and weren't affected too much by the hurricane. The wind and floods all came after the hurricane so we did have some strong winds but not too much. The flooding didn't all clear up until yesterday sometime. Grandma Roberts i love you too!!! Thank you for your care and concern and all you and grandpa have done for me. Grandma Lloyd thank you for all you do for me too. I love all of you and i am grateful for your influence in my life! Have a great week! Be safe. Stay cool! I know Christ lives. I know families are forever because Christ overcame death. They love us so much that He was willing to sacrifice His life for us. Whenever we are in need of comfort or happiness or joy, turn to Christ and Heavenly Father. They KNOW how to "succor our pains and afflictions" and help us be joyful in all we do. I know that to be true! I love you all. Thank you for everything.

Love Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment