Monday, March 14, 2011

Well happy spring break!

Greetings from chilly and windy West New York! Yes Emily wrote me so I’ve been informed of most everything. No worries there.

I’m glad the kids were able to make it up the mountain..... I don’t remember if I’ve hiked it or not. I’m sure it was fun though! The kids are growing so much! They’re all going to be tall when i get home..... And tanner could use a haircut....

Did Linda go to church??? If so, do you know if she liked it or not?

I’ll be taking some more pictures here in a few days as we run in the morning and of the "city" - - i think you'll all enjoy them!

With the language.... well all the stores here are Spanish and most of the employees are too so I’m forced to speak Spanish almost 100% percent of the time. It’s super cool and I’m glad I’m here to learn even more! My comp's father is a native from El Salvador and his mom speaks perfect Spanish too but she is American. As he was growing up though, his parents never really spoke in Spanish around him.

so shorter today was better b/c i don’t have much time now... small things I’ve seen since I’ve been here in west NY is that the appointments that fall through place us where the elect are and we knock around the house and we've seen some success from it. One in particular is a girl named Jessica.... we went to visit an older lady who told us to come back for the 1st visit. We did and Jessica answered the door. We talked to her and got her interested using questions. She told us to come back later that day and we could talk. We went back and had a guy with us y todo. tocamos la puerta y nadie nos contesto.... salimos y nuestro hermano se fue. literalmente 1/2 minutos depues jessica nos llamo and salio de su casa..... She didnt have time that night so we went back a different day. We taught her and she kept her commitments. My comp called her Sunday morning to remind her about church. She was at work but told him she was going to ask for work off on Sunday so she can go this Sunday!!

Long story short, i know we've found a daughter of God who is prepared and who is searching for happiness and truth. Also we are going to be working with a ton of less actives in the area.... it'll be a blast!!

I love you. Thank you for everything. By the way, were you able to send the packages?? My address is 501 56th street west new york, NJ 07093. Again the door to the building is always locked so i don’t know that packages will be left outside.... I’m not sure how that works around here.

The members are great! Our ward mission leader is awesome!! He knows how to do things.

I love you all! The church is true. The book is blue. Read it daily; pray often asking specifically if it’s true. Always go to church. It truly brings true happiness! Thank you for the love and support! Have a great week!

Love Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment