Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New area

Well good morning from West New York!!

I was transferred to West New York (Gerber what stories do you have for me? haha) and my companion happens to be from Arizona! He lives in phoenix but we never met until now. He has 3 transfers left including this transfer. Elder Gamez se llama. My area covers 10 streets, 49-60. He’s shorter than I am and well, I guess a lot like me in some ways. Very kind and loving person and wants to make sure everyone is doing well, not worrying about him self (is that like me??).

So the weather is warming up. I don’t know if we will have any more snow or not; yesterday and all night it was raining. I thought it was going to stop. After I was soaked all the way through, we went home and I changed my white shirt and put on the jacket you bought me at the beginning of my mission, 1 year ago..........

I'm glad all went well with picking up Emily’s friend. How was the first day? I’m excited to hear all the time goes throughout the week! Everyone is healthy too?!

That is a great topic Patriarch McIntyre spoke on, more bore testimony.... it's something I can think back to and definitely see the influences that were subtle and I see them now, still as a missionary and in all the people around me. I say hi to everyone, not trying to stop them as I should, and no one responds. I’m going to start stopping everyone all the time and look for a difference in the reactions of the people. The streets I’m covering too are filled with thousands of people too. I’ve been told, and Gerber will testify (and the internet) that this area is the most populated city in the United States..... I can believe it, especially with the housing.

Speaking of which I’m not going to give my address to you, rather ask that you send the packages to the office. I live on the 2nd floor of a building and the door to enter the building is locked 24/7. I am walking the entire time so I’m not in and out of the house as much. I’d rather have the packages sent to a safe, for sure destination where nothing will happen to them. Thank you!!

Anyway I’m glad conference went well. Everyone needs to be nice and just smile everyday! We have new pass along cards that are pictures of members smiling. Have you seen them? I like them better than the old and well, I looked at the cards and thought, I’d smile and laugh if I saw this and I think I’d check out the website in my free time. Anyway just smile!

I’m glad the birth and blessing and reception went well! As well as the cleaning. I still haven’t received any pictures of Flynn..... Rob that comment isn’t aimed towards you in any way.
I’m glad you got the poster. it's the 2nd one I’ve sent home so you can look at the 2 and compare them and the better of the 2 I’d ask to keep rolled up or the best way to store them and the other, well you can use it for whatever you want.

So in the area there is one street called "bergenline" and it is literally stores upon stores up and down the street. Its crazy packed with people. Also we are on the Hudson front...... super windy and as it still chilly, cold, because of the wind chill. At least I’m catching the tail end of it and not the beginning or middle.

So first week in the area and well, there's a lot of potential and lot's of work to be done and many situations to work with. I’m going to have a blast and enjoy working and teaching the people here! It’s 99.9% Spanish so I’ve no excuse for not loving the area! We have one 11 girl who wants to be baptized but the family/living situation is difficult and well, the parents need some work too. It’s going to be a family effort, at least from what I saw the first time meeting them.

Times up. I love you all. I keep you all in my prayers always!! Have a great week! SMILE!!! I know the church is true. I know we are loved by our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ. We have enough resources to get us through our trials and tribulations every single time they come. Use them to your advantage. That is why they are there and also for learning. Read every single day in the Book of Mormon, even if it is 5 minutes. The spirit will be felt stronger in your every day activities!

I love you all! Thank you for everything! I wish you all a great and healthy week!

Love Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment