Thursday, July 1, 2010

Just a couple of photos from the last mission conference before he gets transferred to the Morriston NJ Mission

Emily,

Well well well..... 7 days and transfers!! haha oh its exciting. tomorrow we become a part of the Morristown NJ mission then Saturday we have been given permission to watch fireworks then Monday is pday then Tuesday night we find out who is being transferred and Wednesday is a mini transfer and an all mission conference!!!! haha meetings meetings meetings. that's all the past 3 weeks have been and they've been great. so i get to email home again on Monday so be sure to email atras soon. :)

I'm sorry Shelby isn't moving in - i don't know if that's what you told me or not but it was a thought i had. enjoy your week with Shelby. i hope you're both able to do what you want. I'm glad you're staying busy and enjoying time with friends. honestly i wish i would've done more of that instead of just staying home as much as i felt i needed to. that is one of the biggest things I'd say to stay busy. go home at night tired and with a feeling of i accomplished something today. and continue to exercise. i sometimes feel like i want to do more exercise than what Ive done but can't and i love that feeling - and eating healthy. continue to do that too. :) my exercise the past week or 2 has been playing soccer - actually Monday night elder Hannah and i went and played in our church clothes with a member and nonmembers. when we got home, my shirts were soaked with sweat and my pants had sweat marks -

i took pictures that i hope i can send home today or Monday. anyway i have a question - is it possible for you to send me a calender (you or whoever) with birthdays (whatever else you want to add in) written in so i can send cards or at least email that person? i would appreciate it. i love you and thank you for everything you've done for me. i keep you in my prayers always.
love Craig

Family,

Haha not bad huh? well it has been 90 degrees the past 2 days (i think - it's been above 85) and the humidity. it was hot those days. today though will be a nice day. it's probably in the 70s with a breeze. so is it more than 2% humidity all the time or 2% is the highest it gets? honestly it hasn't been horrible for me. its been hot here and there but even with the humidity it doesn't feel too bad.

haha yea!!!! I'm glad John and Erin are moving back and i hope they don't move again. and it'll be good for them to see Brian again. i never know what John is going to school for and since he's changing his major again, do you know what he's going to study?

haha that's great. Mason and Tanner i hope you love going to boredom busters! it's ironic because Lara Johnson works at boredom busters (I'm sure you already know that) and it takes up most of their day with fun. and gemma gets to be the little princess she is.
I'm glad business is going good now. let me know when you are fasting for times like that and i can fast with you as well. The Lord does bless us in different ways.

haha oh don't stress about it now. my main thing was being able to pay elder Hannah back without using my church card but i did that today. with the new mission we get $140 each month en vez de (instead of) $130 and i had some extra money from last month i didn't use so i just took out cash this morning and paid him back. with transfers this is all i know - one of us is going to be transferred and it's most likely going to be elder hannah because he's been here longer than i have and this transfer was a mini and the next transfer is a mini so pres. bahr (bar) wants to integrate his missionaries quickly.

i figure every companionship is going to be split next Wednesday and I've heard pres. wants to close either the red bank area or long branch area and combine the 2 areas together making it a car/walking area. as far as knowing who is being transferred, we don't find out until the night before (Tuesday night) and we don't know what area we're going to until we are assigned our new companion. i believe this is the address for the mission office

1719 Route 10 Ste 309
parsippany, NJ 07054

I'm not positive on that being the address but I'll let you know on Monday for sure. so you can hold onto the card for another week and a half until i know where I'm at.
the work is good. we had a great day on Sunday. one of our investigators (part member family, her husband is a member and they have 2 kids) came to church voluntarily in a skirt and all. that excited us so much! and then that night we went over for dinner and they gave us sopa with a type of i think beef on the bone (a small piece) and that was good then she said there was another kind of sopa.... haha oh little did i know i was about to eat menudo for the 2nd time in my life. the menudo had some cilantro and was a little spicy but of course it only had piel and it was hard to eat. i actually didn't even finish mine (i had 3 pieces left) but i gagged before i stopped.

so apart from that, we have a recent convert who really wants to help me pick up Spanish more so when we visit him he likes to talk to me or have read or talk so I'm practicing etc. its great. and actually I'm feeling like I'm able to understand pretty well but know that I'm not where i can be and i still have a lot to learn. I'm just glad that I'm able to be understanding more almost to a point where i can jump in at any point and say something (i almost did during a visit with a member and his cousins who aren't members). that's a quick update - we have prob 8-10 invest (well we've taught at least 2 times and have appointments to come back - some start falling through at this point) so we pray that our appointments work out and that we are able to teach our investigators what they need to hear/learn.

with the plaque - I'm good with having morristown showing and if it was possible, maybe put cherry hill in parenthesis underneath morristown etc just to show i was originally called to cherry hill. haha so yes please have Gerber put morristown. I'm not stressing about the changes rather I'm excited for a new comp and the changes that come there. new missionaries who i haven't met yet, new boundaries etc. its all exciting!

this weekend is July 4. we've been given permission to watch fireworks so I'll have my camera with me Saturday night and have some pictures maybe video of the fireworks here. :) next Monday is pday too so I'll email home then and hopefully be able to send pictures. this past week has been good and June is now over. it vanished out of thin air. i love you all and thank you for the love and support. I'll let you know how my weekend goes on Monday. :) again thank you for everything!

yo les amo muchisimo! (I love you all very much)

No comments:

Post a Comment