Monday, July 19, 2010

email recieved 7/19/2010

haha I thought I wasn’t going to get a letter but i was wrong, and a good thing too. so you did get the letter sent off in time so no worries there. I’m sorry they haven't been feeling good. I’ll keep them 'special' in my prayers. Well I’m glad you got rain. haha we've had a lot of it lately too. \

we’ve been walking almost everyday but the bikes are fixed so we're riding those now. I miss the kids, i miss everyone and in 2 years (or what will seem like 1 year) I’ll see everyone again. :) How do your parents feel with the traveling? they just went to get Brian and now tate... it's a lot but its fun and I’d do it any day. It’d be tiring though.

haha john and Erin are home!!! yay that makes me happy. I’m glad all went well with their travels and that everyone is safe. Have fun when everyone hangs out! Yes i got the debit card on Friday. Thank you for that. I used it and it does work so no more worries. Again thank you for your help with that.

Well lets see.... ooh I need pictures of our family and friends and all that jazz so a photo album or similar? I don't have any pictures of our family or kids nada. And if you wanted to send some more scripture marking crayons that'd be nice. I made a key so that when I mark my scriptures I know what colors mean what. And I’m trying to read the bible right now and I’ve heard of a manual called the life and teaching of Jesus and the Apostles or something like that. It’s a thick orange book though. I’m not sure how expensive it is and i don't want you to pay a huge amount if it's expensive.

if you wanted to send cookies or hard candy you could. I’ll just leave that up to you. it's nice to have sweets every once in awhile but they aren't vital to me so it's not a big deal and I would send the package to the mission office instead of my apartment just so that if I’m not home when the package comes, it won't get stolen. this transfer ends in 2 weeks (it was another mini) so I might still be in red bank or I might be transferred and I’ll get the package from the office within 2 weeks or if I’m transferred, I’ll get it at transfers. So that’s all I can think of.

Well the work is good. we're starting to change things with leaders and get the members more involved etc. we've ran into at least 2 members who we didn't know and were trying to visit all the members (who live in our area) at least once during the month and gain a better relationship with them so that’s fun and we have a set finding time 5-7 pm. its called "sacred finding time" b/c its the prime time to find. kind of messes with dinner appointments but we might be skipping our dinner a lot anyways since were not home until 9 930.

we've found some good new investigators and were working a lot with the recent converts/less actives (at least trying) so all is well. my comp goes home in sep so he has a transfer left. he's from California. taller than me. his name is elder secrist. I’ll send a picture. his Spanish is great and he'll help me get better too. he's saying my Spanish is exactly where i should be for 2 transfers out or better so I guess that’s good. the members/investigators too say that I’m getting better so i won't get too excited.

I know I’m able to understand a whole lot more but speaking still comes down to vocab but that'll come soon. that’s about all I got. time is going by and summer will be over soon. we had a good 10 minute rainfall of whiteness this morning. it was raining so much so fast it looked white.

president bahr is great and so is his wife. Will you ask bishop whitney if he remembers or ever knew an elder a lee bahr when he was on his mission? I think he and pres bahr might have been in the same mission.... anyways I need to go.

I’ll send more pictures next week, I promise. I love you all so much and thank you for everything you've ever done for me. everything is going good. I love you all. Let me know if I can do anything to help with anything.

Love Criag

No comments:

Post a Comment