Monday, July 25, 2011

Good afternoon!!

So this is late because this morning we helped move furniture for a new senior couple coming in tomorrow. That took all morning and now we are able to email! So yes the past week was hot. hahaha so when you are here you do feel like anything over 100 will kill you. Mainly because none of the buildings/apartments have central air making it very difficult to keep the house cool. of course, like you said, i don’t feel bad b/c that’s what i grew up in. i enjoyed every minute of it and well i was sunburned again from the service project we did on Saturday. It was lots of fun and I’m glad we were able to serve the community. There are days where the humidity is really bad and you can see it in the air and yes, most of the time you feel hotter because of it. You can’t stop sweating is what kills me, even when you're inside.

Jason and Amy are having a baby girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha oh wow. I had no idea what was going on with them. That’s good to hear. Well please keep my updated.

So that'll be a change in the home when she (Emily) leaves. All of the kids can have their own rooms..... If that’s what you're planning on doing. It’ll definitely be a challenge too, losing her. That’ll work well though, like you said since most of the rooms will be empty and no one to take them. They’ll have a good atmosphere to grow up in as they start the next adventure of life. And i thought Austin was already home..... I’m after him huh??.... I’m not going to think about that.

That’s sad to hear (talking about a story Rob told him about his mission) it is true though. Everyone single person has their agency. They choose their path. You did what you felt and knew you should do and you cannot let yourself get down b/c of disappointments. Read 2 Nephi 9:39. When you finish reading the verse look at the last 5 words. Take the 1st letter of the last 5 words which will spell another word.("Spiritually minded is life eternal") I don’t know if you already knew about this or remember about it but everyone can do it. It is a very helpful reminder for everyone. There is a recent convert who is having some struggles and i wasn’t supposed to know until someone told us.... the person is English not Spanish which made it more difficult for me b/c i can’t say anything. anyway the recent convert sister was at church on Sunday and after sacrament meeting i was talking to her and just smiling to make her laugh and happy. She told me i smile too much and that I’m too happy all of the time. I showed her quickly 2 Nephi 9:39 and she smiled and laughed some more and thought it was pretty cool.

I am doing my best to keep my mind open and trainable and able to learn and grow. I’m learning a lot about myself and how to interact with others. I love the mission. I don’t have time but I’ll share a story with you next week that happened on Thursday. It was crazy..... Anyway i love you all. Thank you for your love and support and encouragement. If i can help with anything let me. I know the church is true. At times we are tried to the point of discouragement or disbelief or loss of faith or whatever. Sometimes we'll feel overwhelmed and like we cannot fulfill with everything we'd like. We go through these experiences to expand our knowledge and love for the Savior and His Atonement. Don’t be sad b/c of these experiences rather be happy. Be excited. Be faithful to the gospel and prayer and scripture study. Changes come and go. They are only given to make us better and stronger and more available to the Lord. I know the church is true! I love you all. Thank you for everything. Have a great week!!!

Love elder Craig Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment