Friday, July 8, 2011

Its a small world



So before I post Craig's email for the week let me start by explaining this picture:

So Saturday night we went to the temple. When we got into the Celestial room a young man walked over to Julie and I and said something like, “I just want to thank you both for helping Elder Roberts get out on the mission, it was a blessing to be his companion.”

He did not introduce himself at all so at this point we still had no idea who he was or what he was talking about. I thought he must have been a companion to one of Craig's brothers and that maybe we had met before but I just didn’t remember who he was. Finally he said his name and I recognized it from Craig's letters. He was Craigs companion prior to his last transfer. We couldn’t believe it! He had just returned from the mission on Tuesday and here we were 4 days later meeting him in the celestial room of all places. He recognized Julie and I from Craigs pictures. We did not recognize him because Craig only sent a picture of him one time and it was far away and blurry. His mom was there with him so we met her as well and we just stayed there talking and getting to know him for quite a while.

It was such a coincidence that we got to meet him, he was planning on going to the earlier session but forgot his recommend and had to go back home, (he lives in Glendale) and if we had not been chosen to be the witness couple he might not have ever seen us because it was such a crowed session. Anyway, it was really good to meet him and talk to him. Fortunately his mom had a camera with her so we were able to get some pictures of us together. I’m friends with him on facebook now and we will be able to exchange pictures and emails and stories about Craig.

Now for Craig's letter:

Good afternoon!!!!

So first off that is just too crazy that you met elder Gamez in the temple!!!! Ha-ha i saw the picture and knew instantly that it was him. hahaha oh we had such a good time together! I love elder Gamez and we plan on "hanging out" when i come home. Expect to see him at the airport.... when he says he is going to do something, he does. And don't be surprised if he has filibertos in his hands either.... hahaha oh i miss him.

Anyway for the 4th we went to nyack marina and watched fireworks. The show was about 1/2 an hour and pretty good. I had fun! And it sounds like you had fun too with the breakfast and swimming etc.

So I’m glad Emily is home safe and sound!! And I’m glad everyone is enjoying the weddings i cannot be present for.... invitations are enough. Ha-ha that’s good things are going so well. I’m excited for everyone and all that is going on at home. I did receive the package on Thursday! Thank you so much!!! Now we have music to our ears and are able to listen to a variety of songs instead of the same gen conf addresses and songs every day. And Gemma: i love you!! Thank you for the picture! I’m proud of you for being able to swim to the deep end with your floaties on!!!! And tanner: i love you bud!! That’s so cool you can jump off the diving board!! Have fun! And mason! I love you too bud! Be safe!

As for the latest news I met president and sister Jepson for the first time yesterday!! Ha-ha oh how much i love them already. They were very personal with some stories they shared while we were becoming acquainted with them and what they want to do while here. They want to us to be able to trust them and them to be able to trust us. I know they have been called to serve here and i know i will get along with them very well. He can play the guitar and sing and he most definitely was a lawyer.... he does not like to speak from the pulpit and his voice can be deep and carry for a distance.... it’s pretty cool. sadly, and i know this shouldn't be on my mind, i have only 6 transfers left including the one we are in right now. Yesterday normally would have been transfer conference however president and sister Jepson have an extra week to become adjusted to things so next week we will have transfers....

I’m excited for the changes to come and to get to know president and sister Jepson even more as time goes on. We have no pictures right now. I’ll take some the next time i can. And for their privacy I’m not going to share the stories they shared with us for they are that personal.... it really hit me hard though. The spirit was really strong in the chapel yesterday. It was amazing!

So i need to go. I love you all and am grateful to you for helping me "come out on a mission." this has been life changing and will affect me forever more too. I cannot deny the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ nor the power of the Book of Mormon. President Monson is God's chosen servant to lead and guide the church at this time. I love you all and thank you for everything. Choose the right always! And ps. go to the temple, often, of course in accordance with your schedule. It truly is a blessing!

I love you all. Thank you for everything. Have a great week!!

Love elder Craig Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment