Monday, January 10, 2011

More Snow

This first pic is of the outside of their building
somewhere under this pile of snow is the missionaries car

buenas tardes!!! pues la obra va bien. el trabajo que tenemos aqui es mas que nada mantener contacto con todos nuestros investigadores! a veces yo siento "que necesito hacer para que vengan a la iglesia o mas importante, para tener citas cada semana para que tengan deseos de venir"
(Good afternoo, well the work is going good. What we are doing more than anything is trying to maintain contact with our investigators. Some times I feel like "what do I need to do so that they come to church or more importantly, so that we have appointments each week so that they will want to come.)
that is what i say is holding us back the most is not getting contact with investigators everyday. it drives me nuts and when they don’t come to church, well we had a great lesson on it last night, well we taught the lesson but you know what i mean. a lesson on "things that act and things acted upon" 1 nefi 2 13-14, 26-29 and helaman 14;30. i believe that’s what we read. it was good.

this past week I lost 2 days of work and almost crashed. we had a leadership training, at least I did, my comp stayed behind b/c he's already been to it and it was a 2 day thing. the morning of the 2nd day we were driving (the other elders and i) and it was snowing and the driver almost "bumped" a guard rail.... i was not driving. I was in the back seat. the training was awesome and i learned a lot and received much revelation for an investigator. it was great.

So I’m glad everyone is doing better and that things have warmed up again. I think right now we are at 45 degrees but I’m not positive. I’m going off of what the car said.... i don’t remember what pictures I sent but I’m going to send one or 2 more to show how much it really was with more light. Shoveling the snow was fun and not hard at all. Just takes some time and depending on the shovel size it can be slower or quicker.

Mason I’m so glad you are riding your bike now!!!!! Have fun and be safe! I love you!

And for the record, we have an investigator that I’d say is afraid to act. I guess more being "antied" than afraid. We teach her one day and we leave happy and she’s happy and joyful and the next day we call and she tells us to stop calling and not to come back. Family influences are sometimes worse than anything i can think of...... i think you understand that statement and if not tell me and next week I’ll elaborate. We keep finding new investigators that are awesome then we lost contact.
This past week though, we knocked a door. A 13 yr. old boy answered and said come back in a few hours and my mom will be home. We went back. The mom said come back in 2 days. I had the training that day and it was the 1st appointment - i didn’t make it home in time to go but my comp went with another elder from the apartment. It went so well the mom said come back tomorrow. So another appointment set the next day and again i was gone for the training and missed the appointment but my comp and the same other elder went. Again all went well and a 3rd was set for sat. I finally was able to go and meet the family who has already been taught twice and loves everything. The 3rd lesson was great! Very active and very attentive family who wants to learn. 3 lessons in 3 days AND they came to church!!! They’re awesome!

Well congrats on your new calling! Now you get to be with the kids and Julie all day Sunday!! Not just a few hours.

All is well. We have transfers in a week. I’ll know hopefully on Sunday night if i stay or if i go. I really want to stay; it’d be fun to have another 6-month area then i don’t care where i go or how often i move around. I’ll know Monday for sure. Driving has been great experience (by the way, I’m driving a Mazda). I’m learning and growing and i wanted to ask you a question... from the past years I’ve been living with you, what changes would you want to see in me from serving a mission? And do you think i have changed from talking on the phone etc.? Just a thought i had. Also, what was the way you best got to know the scriptures while you were serving or even now?

So I’m doing well. Staying healthy and I’ve learned to eat small portions of food; i have to eat slower and take more time and i don’t eat as much. That’ll be blessing when I’m not a missionary (and not just for me....) and I’m becoming consecrated.

Thank you for the news. It really doesn't affect me nor do i care that much even though that’s more or less the only thing i watched at home. A lady in Wal-Mart was talking to us and she told me about that story today too. Ironic? Julie and others have fun in cali!

I love you all and thank you so much for everything! I say hi to the ward! I hope all is well there with youth (of course everyone too) etc. thank you thank you thank you! I hope you have a great week and everyone stays safe!!

Love Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment