Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy Birthday to Craig (2 days ago)

Good afternoon!!!!

haha well no longer a teenager means no longer keeping old habits..... This transfer I’ve changed and continue to change. I’ve been prepared and seen how vital being exactly obedient is and i need that to help me change. I will not go back to old habits and my Patriarchal Blessing helps me out a lot too.

Well my birthday was pretty good. Quite interesting actually but that’s something written down in my journal to share when i go home. Sorry!! pretty much half of the day was shot b/c of a meeting my comp had so as i was waiting with the other 2 elders in my apt. a member came in from another area and started talking to us. We ended up giving her a blessing and she decided to order pizza and soda for us for lunch. That was a cool gift! And that reminds me, what oil do i need to buy for blessings? Is it pure olive or extra virgin? If you wanted you could send me a clear plastic bottle filled or whatever is smartest to do.... I’ve ran out once and my vile is half full. We worked like normal for the rest of the night though on my birthday. Another day in the mission!!!

I’m glad the guys were able to have fun at monster jam! Has that become a tradition in the family? haha

Thank you for the address. Don’t worry about the catwalk things for now. Winter will be ending pretty soon and ice hasn’t been a problem. We had some more snow and it keeps piling up. I’ll take some pictures and send them home. Some walls are almost as tall as me!!! It’s fun!! And as for the cds.... i know i have some I’ve already bought that i packed away.... those would be nice to have for now. I’m not in a rush, rather following up.

haha ya the internet makes sense as you described it. it’s something that is happening worldwide i think... as for the dvd players and tvs there are dvds that only the missions and missionaries are allowed access to as of right now and we've been told to watch one of the dvds during no proselyting time so meal times, before studies in the morning and after planning at night. I don’t know for how long this will go on but i heard the church will purchase the DVD players; I’m not sure about TVs. i'm working on obtaining a copy of the dvds onlly the missions and missionarys have access to for myself.

Things are well with Kathy. She’s living at her member friend’s home and going to church, nochesde hogar and we even had a talent show and she participated in it as if she was a member! It was awesome to see the change in her. She has a date for feb 13.
So your answer is what i wanted to know. Its motivation for me and will help me as i continue to stretch and grow. I’m working on becoming consecrated and really giving everything up to the Lord so i can be the most effective i can be. The people out there really need the gospel and it’s through the members that the elect are found. We can go out and tract all day everyday but 3/4s of those people fall of the face of the earth after the 1st visit and we never see or get in contact with them again. It’s sad but we are doing our best. president bahr almost made it a rule for the mission of no street contacting what so ever. No exceptions. He hasn’t yet but i know he's thinking about it.

so i needed and wanted that answer. Thank you for that. It goes in line with my patriarchal blessing as well. Time’s up for writing. I love you all and thank you for everything!! I’m sure I’ll get your package today and enjoy all that is in it!! I know the church is true. Our brothers and sisters are waiting to hear the message we share and as we are actively looking for missionary opportunities we will be able to bring souls unto Christ!! It’s crazy here in Newark and the people of the world need it. Take it to them; don’t wait for them to come to you!! It is the best blessing anyone can and will receive in their life.

I love you all. Thank you for your love and support. I keep you all in my prayers. You are the best in the west! Have a great week! Stay warm and safe.

Love Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment