Monday, August 16, 2010

Email recieved 8/16/10

buenas tardes!!!

so unfortunately i am sick, not horribly but sinus sickness and its driving me nuts. i have to blow my nose every 5 minutes and i can't breath very well through my nose either. :( i bought some sudafed medicine this morning but i don't know that the sinus problem will go away with just that. I gargled, snorted (it sounds weird) hot salt water and i think that helped and I'm trying to only eat soup in hopes the sickness will go away quicker. it's hard because i cant just stay and sleep but the Lord will bless me as i continue to work. if there is any kind of medicine that will get rid of sickness (it doesn't just have to be sinus) it'd be helpful even if I'm better before i get it, I'll have it for future occasions. thanks!!

so I'm glad to hear the kids like their classes. i was wondering how they were doing. mason I'm glad you like to read. learn to read and read all the time! it's fun when you like the book and you learn new words every day. Emily the first 2 weeks are the worst because the administration says "deal with what we give you and once every ones been back awhile we'll start to work things out" - just make appointments early with the counselors and you should be good.

haha wow. i was only 9 years old.... i don't even remember it that well, unless i think about it. anyway happy 10th anniversary, well belated. I'm glad you were able to spend some time together without the kids and enjoy the time.

so again don't worry about the plaque. thank you brandt for doing the picture for me and thank you for printing a pic or 2 for grandma lloyd. i really appreciate it.

that is a funny story though of how gerber is now released and bro bowman is the new ym pres and bro bodrero and travis morris are his counselors. it was a half-change for them.

haha my Spanish is horrible. it's coming along though. I'm able to sit with members/invest. and just talk and for the most part i am able to understand the jist of the conversation without being confused. 2 weeks ago we came home to visit a neighbor and they were having a bbq outside so we sat down and ate with them (it was almost the whole apt. complex - mainly spanish) and i talked to the husband who loves Doctrine and Covenants and this past sat there was a talent show with the Spanish branch and i sat with some members and was able to understand most everything and i talked with a father who has a son who's not going the right direction in life and what we can do as missionaries to help his son. it was good.

so thank you for the story of brother horrocks - i will defiantly keep that as a story to share. how is the ward doing? how are the Gunn's and the Hortons and sister Jensen (bro adair hometeaches her and i helped him give her a blessing a few times)? I was thinking about them a while ago and the ward too.

yesterday for church, i was supposed to give my testimony but it was a 5 minute before the meeting started notice and my nose was running every 5 minutes so i would leave to blow my nose etc. anyway we sang an intermediate hymn and i left to blow my nose then and when i came out of el bano my comp was looking for me with a look on his face and asked if i was giving a talk. i started to walk in and the presidents counselor got up to announce the next speaker and the whole branch just looked at me and the speaker stood to go to the podium etc. and it was just funny but kinda embarrassing too. all fun.

so for the package, pictures of family, Arizona, recipes for smoothies or pastas, medicine (cheap and will get rid of the sickness, not make it go away for a while) and healthy snacks that i can munch on here and there and the scripture marking crayons (big package - its the ones julie/emily bought me for my birthday from desert book, i think). that's all i can think of for now. remember i don't want anything to be expensive.

thank you for your love and support and everything you have done for me. everyone remains in my prayers and i hope all is well health wise. i love you all and let me know if i can do anything to help anyone. i hope everyone has a great week!!!

love craig

No comments:

Post a Comment