Monday, February 27, 2012

16 more days!

Good afternoon!

So sorry it's late; today, all of the missionaries going home (10 of us) went to Ellis Island and the statue of liberty for most of the day! It was really fun and yes I made sure to take tons of pictures (everyone will see them when I get home)!! And as for last week, I guess it would've been useful to let you know we email in the family history center in our chapel so holidays don't affect us.... sorry about that.

Yes the time is flying by. Of course it's been hard not to think about it every day and other things related to it but I’ve been doing my best to stay focused and continue working hard. Next week we go to the temple on Wednesday then times up because from that day on we have things to do every day that will just eat the time away.... its crazy!!

Everyone should plan out what they want to do. I’m ok with doing whatever and as far as tiredness goes, it'll only make for a better night sleep.... maybe, I hope?? It’ll be wired being back and seeing everyone. I really, right now, just feel like a normal person and that nothing huge is going to happen.... I don't know if that's good or bad. Maybe it's just me and I’ll adjust quickly. I have no idea. It’s a wired feeling.

As far as pres. Jepson goes, the surgery went well! There were no complications and he's recovering well. His back has improved as well so he is being blessed greatly! We still don't know for sure if he'll make it back before the end of the transfer but either way we'll be able to talk to him somehow. They’ve been thinking about Skype etc.. So we'll see what happens..... All is well with him. A senior couple has been asked to take charge for the most part. Everyone loves the senior couple and they're great.

As for the branch etc. the areas are pretty similar.... most of the members have recognized me and some of them have moved into this area so it's been fun to visit with them etc. I haven't been able to go on an exchange yet with the elders in the area I served in last time so hopefully that will be possible soon.... it's fun and I love the area! The members in this side are awesome!

That’s so crazy that they've moved in with Grandma Lloyd! I guess it's a good thing. And of course Stacie had her bridal shower! I can't believe she's getting married so soon! I’ll more than happy to help get everything cleaned and set up for the reception etc. I’ll have nothing better to do....

Sounds like fun for president's day! I’m excited to be back and be able to play with the kids and see everyone.... its hard not to think about it.... anyway the weather has been absolutely crazy too! We had a few minutes of snow one day during the week. It wasn't anything bad or crazy. It has been a very mild winter.... today was pretty good. Very clear and bright. Perfect day for pictures! It’s still been a little cold but the temps are warming up.

No way! Brain and Hannah moving to Idaho..... Well 4 years gone and a few months to see him and that's all... oh well! That’s cool and something they'll enjoy!

So the time is almost at an end, actually, I have been out for 2 years officially since the 24th and I should have been going home this Wednesday however transfers were off a bit..... I’m happy though and excited for the next several days. More blessings and time to grow. We are here to be broken down and built back up, with a stronger foundation and testimony and knowledge of all things, well at least the gospel, which is the most important of all things! So "come what may and love it!" I love you all and am grateful for your love and support in all things! I keep you all in my prayers. Thank you for everything! Have a great week! Stay safe!

Love elder Craig Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment