Monday, September 20, 2010

haha wow - you wrote a long letter. it's all good.

so i have a feeling this will be my last transfer in Red Bank but i have no idea. i guess it'll depend on how well my new comp and i get along and how well the work goes this trans. my new comp is from Murray Utah and is very missionary minded. it will take me some time to get used to him and let that which would bother me just fly away but i know the Lord will bless us, and already has. we have a baptismal date for October so we'll see what happens.

I'm glad I've stayed for this long because, like you said, i really can get to know the members well and i like it b/c it's the same Spanish with the same people.

so today we went to a spot called twin lights in a city called highlands. twin lights is a pair of light houses from years and years ago. unfortunately i didn't have enough time to get as many pictures as i wanted but i did get some and some of the ocean. it was a fun day but now i don't have much time to write or respond to everything.

so ya the weather is crazy. windy everyday and always in the 70s, sometimes 80s and the past week we've had 2 crazy rainstorms - i have video of both on my camera. i loved it. i'm glad cory is still going on his mission! it's great that he really wants to serve. i know he'll love it and be glad he served in the end.

well the house (his families old house) is no longer memorable then, right? haha i guess that could be a good thing, but then a bad thing too.... a childhood full of memories changed and transformed into algo differente. just whenever you have a chance to send the pictures, don't rush to do it and ruin and schedules you might have to do send them.

so ya the book (Jesus the Christ) is written very scholarly and that is what makes the reading take forever. it's the last book i have to read then I'll be done with the miss. library. thank you for your help with the manuals etc.

ok. i was actually able to go back to that same investigator (im in a 3man right now in redbank. one elder was going to train but his greenie never came out of the mtc so he's with me and my comp until he comes so we work his area as well) and he wasn't going to let us in but i followed up with him on his praying and he let us in to talk. it wasn't' anything like last week but it was still a great lesson.

ya i am keeping a journal - i already went through one and bought another one and i haven't missed a day yet since the first night in the mtc. I'm surprised yet I know I'll want it in the future so I just do it and don't let my self go to bed until i do (sorry im rushing so the spacing of words will be off). and i make sure to write those kind of experiences in. haha we all should be keeping a journal and i wish i had been able to growing up.

so i might be giving a blessing tomorrow, my first one. we'll see what happens. everything is going good and I'm doing my best to be exactly obedient. that saying was part of the cherry hill mission motto - exactly obedient, endlessly diligent, spiritually led.

everything is well. I'm learning and growing and seeing many different walks of life. i love you all and thank you so much for everything you have and continue to do for me. if i didn't have your help and love and support i wouldn't be in NJ. thank you so much for everything! i know the church is true and the only way to know for ones self is through prayer. if you don't ask, you probably won't know. hence "ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you". i love you guys. have a great week!

love craig

No comments:

Post a Comment